Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ice Ice Baby















The kids enjoyed all the festivities the Peninsula Winter Games had to offer last weekend. George played in his first hockey scrimmage and the kids all got medals for taking part in the games; afterward we tried out the super cool ice slide.


We went and watched start of the Tustumena 200 sled dog race a few weeks ago. It is the only qualifying race for the Iditarod here on the peninsula. Truly an Alaskan experience, we saw six moose on the fifteen mile drive there.



Winter has been surprisingly mild so far. The days are getting longer and the sun is creeping higher over the horizon. Jeff took this picture while out cross country skiing.



6 comments:

  1. That ice festival looks great. They had one of those in Michigan near Ann Arbor. We liked to go and freeze at night to see them all lit with rainbow colors. Sadly, I do not know of any in Indiana. Probably not cold enough. Not too sad about that. Everyone here says that this has been a horrible winter. I thought it has been really mild and only snowed like three times.
    Your kids are adorable as always. Looks like you are getting settled into your new home.
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. That slide looks like a blast! Was it cold on the tush?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It almost makes me want to live in Alaska! Almost. Annie, I found you. How cool that you live in Alaska, literally. Your kids are so cute and I'm thrilled that I can keep up with you now. Call me if you're ever in the Bay Area again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cold, too cold...

    Great pictures. A sled dog race would be a sweet site! I'm with Lael- that slide makes me want to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew says: we miss you and that is so cool that you play hockey (george) and that you so those ice statues. bye
    Will says: my message is tyranasaurus rex.
    Marci: I miss you as well. Those are pretty neat sculptures. Glad that you are having a great first winter. Love the picture that Jeff took..so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always a fun adventure with the Williams family. Looks like so much fun! Do they play positions in hockey that young or is it like bunched soccer?

    ReplyDelete